Here are some very common questions people have about coaching.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us via email or phone.
What is Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)?
- Experiencing internal conflict, struggling between personal options where you cannot decide?
- Feeling stuck by limiting decisions affecting your future and disabling your real potential? “I am not worth it”, “I will never earn enough money to own a house” .
- Persuaded you are not the right person, “I am not smart”, “ I am shy” which restrain you from doing the things you wish you could do. This belief is yours and holds you back from reaching your goal.
- Fighting against a behavioural patterns – drinking, smoking, dieting, gambling, nail biting, sabotaging relationships – ?
NLP is the study of the human experience, communication, thinking, language and behaviour. It focuses on how the mind works, how you do something rather than why you do it. NLP can be content free.
Content vs Process: Content is the detail or the “what” something is. The details are not the most important thing in the history.
Process is strategy. It’s the “how”. You want to pay attention to the process rather than the details. How we do what we do allow us to understand the process and change.
“Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you’re going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.”
~ Oprah Winfrey
How does NLP Work?
It is a solution focused approach. NLP aims to make use of the language of the mind to consistently achieve our specific and desired goals. Changes using NLP techniques may be obtained quickly and lastingly. It allows people a greater awareness of their thinking, analysing their experiences as feed-back and generating effective behavioural changes.
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
What shall we do with negative emotions?
Emotions are natural but negative ones have « bad press » in our western society bombarding us with « keep smiling » positive slogans. Anger, sadness, fear, hatred, jealousy or guilt, just to name a few are the results of events and send us a feed-back that something is not quite right for us. If we decide to ignore them we end up mistreating ourselves and we may cause more psychological and physiological harm on the long term. NLP is a powerful technique to gain clarity and aiming for a more balanced and healthy state of mind.
What is NLP Coaching?
“The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.”
~ Og Mandino
Every world champion has had a coach!
Sir John Whitmore in “Coaching for Performance” says that “building awareness, responsibility and self-belief is the goal of a coach”.
From professional athletes, entrepreneurs to political leaders, NLP techniques are used to coach people to achieve greater results in their personal or professional life by providing support and highlighting limitations.
First, NLP coaching is a belief system; coaches start from a position of believing that people have the ability to address and resolve their own issues if they can approach them in a solution focused mind set.
Second, NLP coaching is a leadership style, which seeks to keep ownership of issues and problems with the individual responsible for their resolution. You remain the « driver of the bus ».
Third, NLP coaching is based on a set of tools and models (like MPVI ™, Clare Graves’s system).
What coaching is NOT:
- a “soft option” : Effective coaching will challenge your perceptions of your role and behaviour and hold you to account on delivering the actions you commit to.
- fixing the problems for you: Coaching works best with clients who want to be coached rather than when someone else tells them they have to.
Ready to give it a go?